cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radio button validation not currently supported in SP13?????

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It appears that radio button validation is not supported even as of SP13 in VC!

Why? Why? Why I ask you? There is dialog to allow the input of validation rules, but when you deploy you get an "unsupported" message. Nice Implementation...

Anyone know of the best way to validate that each of the radio button groups has at least something selected? FYI, My radio buttons are dynamically populated by a web service.

Thanks, Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you ask the developers? If it is so important for you there is an OSS which you can tell them, that this is a requirement.

Anyway, maybe you can check this with a workaround, add a plaintext to your form.

Then add your validation rules into the plain text according to the result of your validation you can display an error message. If you have a button or whatever you can add this validation rule to enable/disable the button for passing/not passing data to the backend.

You could also do the validation in the background... not the best solution, but a workaround is just better then no solution...

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Can't imagine getting any kind of response from the developers. And they know that it is a requirement as the radio button dialog allows input of validation, but it won't deploy. Brilliant...

Thanks for the workaround ideas. I'll check them out right away...

Thanks, Ken Murray