cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula not calculating in excel layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created an Excel layout with two columns. In the thrid screen I've put one simple excel formula (column C= column A- Column B). However when I execute the layout the formula doesn't work it seems. I've 100 in column A and 85 in column B. That means I should have 15 in column C. However I see 0 there. The same applied to other rows as well.

Please advise what is that which I'm doing wrong? Is there something specific to setting up excel formulas in BPS excel layouts?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Soulsurfer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If your layout have fixed number of columns, you may try using VBA in subroutine SAPAfterDataPut().

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just need to put the excel formulae when the layout is in the third screen of the design mode, and save it. That way it works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I've done the same thing but still the formula doesn't work. Any suggestion?

Regards,

SK

0 Kudos

Hi,

as Mayank said one can maintain Excel formulas in the third screen of the Layout Builder but these formulas have to be outside the SAP area: This part of the layout is used by the system; form this data the system reads data and it writed data in this area -> Thus fomulas will be destroyed. Create your own column outside the SAP area, this area will not be touched by the system. You can find a description how to do this in the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/aa/f73e4045796913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think that is ever going to work. You could write a separate FOX formula and have the formula to execute as a searate button. I am assuming that the column A and column B are separate key figs. So just have the columns A & B on your layout and have a separate button to get values of column C. You could even set that to happen via a planning sequence when the Save button is hit.

Hope that helps...

Srikant