Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost centre and controlling area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Its very urgent to my project,

Can any one help me out for this,

I want to maintain an employee record without cost centre and controlling area? It is possible to do so? Whether payroll can be run? If is possible where the expenses will go and settle after running a payroll or after posting?

Latter on say after 6 payroll run (ie. after 6 month), the company is decided to add a cost centre and controlling area? Is it possible to add the cost centre and controlling area? And what will be the impact on this by doing this so.

Waiting for your immediate and urgent response,

Thanks in advance for your reply,

With Regards,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

You don't need the cost centers (payroll runs fine). I am not sure about the controlling area.

I didn't understand your part about the expenses. Could you try to explain it again to me?

Retro calculation should theoretically made it possible to assign cost centres afterwards. Suggest, you try it, but I think chances are quite good.

cheers,

Benno

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I'd like to offer you a solution to your problem,

if it's possible with the requirments of your project, maintain a dummy controlling area and only one cost center to all your employees.

(you might want to consider using IT0027.)

by doing that you can run payroll without any risk and even perform posting to FI.

after all the data is in the FI you can move the amounts of money to their correct position or leave the situation as it is.

all this customizing is date limited, so 6 months later, there is no problem to add the correct controlling area and cost center.

hope i was helpful.

moti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

As per our discussion, I hope you could understand, we need master cost center to record the cost we are spending for every employee. There is no sense to utilize the FI module without mentioning the Cost Center & Controlling Area. But, still you can run a payroll, if you need a integrated solution, you need to mention the cost center for the Org unit or position.

Good Luck

Om