cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing a key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that in DP, we can fix a key figure by assigning another 'fixing key figure' in the key figure maintenance. I want to know what this 'fixing key figure' has to be? I am creating key figures for use in planning area.

Here are my questions:

1. Should I create another key figure for the fixing and not use any where else? or can I one of the key figures used in the planning area?

2. Should this key figure be BW or APO key figure?

3. Should the data type be always have floating point?

4. What are the properties of this fixing key figure? I mean what has to be the data type? could it be a quantity?

I could find information on how the fixing works but not information on how to fix the key figure. I would appreciate any links or information pointers.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fixing keyfigure should be of the same nature as the primary key figure. I have generally used FLTP for them. Have not tried QUAN though. It needs to be a seperate key figure by itself. The key figure in essence stores the "fixed" component of the primary key figure so in terms of behaviour it is the same as the primary one. Ensure that the disagg factors for both are the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks and I got almost all the answers. What about the keyfigure being APO or BW key figure? One more final question, can I reuse the same key figure that I used as fixing key figure for other key figures to fix? I guess yes.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES, you r right.(as per the theory)

the key fig should be an APO key fig.

Answers (0)