cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Asset class of a capitalized asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wish to change the Asset class of a capitalized asset (fully depreciated). If I'm not wrong, I need to use transaction ABUMN. So here;s what I do..

1) Create a new asset with reference to older one, flag "Post capitalization" & give the new Asset Class.

2) Goto ABUFM and transfer the old asset to this new asset. However, here, I get the following error:

-

Balance in transaction currency

Message no. F5702

Diagnosis

A balance has occurred in transaction currency 'USD' with the following details:

Exchange rate '00', amount ' 843.97-' and currency key 'USD'.

The data in the transaction currency were transferred from the calling application.

System response

Your data cannot be processed in FI.

Procedure

The error is probably in the calling application.

-

Am I on the right track? How do I get rid of this error?

Pls help.

Thanks,

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not find the T code ABUFM in ECC 6.00 Version. I am not aware if this t code was present in earlier versions.

You can complete the transaction by using ABUMN. Refere note no 300371 for more details. Please check the document by simulating if debit and credit are zero.

Regards

Santosh Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm extrememly sorry.. It is ABUMN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your problem is solved or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

What I needed to do was in ABUMN, I had to explicitly state Doc.type as "AA". Only giving transfer variant = 4 wasnt sufficient.

Now I have transferred my asset. Even the depreciation posted earlier has been transferred. However, now I can see planned depreciation as per new asset class. However, my old asset was already capitalized and depreciated. How can I make this new asset to reflect the earlier one (no more dep)?

Thanks,

Tejas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, and thanks to your post Tejas, I have solved it now !

Question is answered !