cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBWE enhancement - adding new Z* fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enhanced few LO datasources by adding Z fields to their extract structure and used user exit to populate data in it.

This works fine. The data is being populated correctly.

My question is : the Z fields that i have added to extract structure are not listed in LO Cockpit field pool.

Did i followe the wrong procedure to enhace LO datasource?

How do we add new Z fields to LO datasource from LBWE t-code.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fields available in LBWE are only the standard ones provided as part of the business content.

If you want to add new fields, just go to RSA6, edit the Datasource and add an Append Structure to the main extraction structure. There you can add all the fields you need.

Then go to CMOD and enhance the code for your specific datasource to populate the newly added fields.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Luis

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

You did not follow the wrong procedure.

The Z field you created is part of the append structure to the extract structure of your datasource. It is not part of the base table from which the pool list is created.

Like Luis said the pool list contains only standard fields from the base tables.

If some Z fields are added to a base table based on some R/3 need then you may be able to see them in you pool list but your enhancements wont be visible in LBWE.

Message was edited by:

A S

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi check this blogs...

/people/sanyam.kapur/blog/2005/04/30/custom-fields-and-bw-extractors-making-a-mixed-marriage-work-part-ii

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/02/14/logistic-cockpit--when-you-need-more--first-option-enhance-it

/people/pradip.patil/blog/2006/06/07/how-to-retain-deltas-when-you-change-lo-extractor-in-production-system

this document helps in step by step in enhancement

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0af763b-066e-2910-a784-dc673166...