Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM02 Authorisations Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Hoping you can assist me with an authorisations issue I am facing.

End-users are using a Z bespoke material upload program. In order to run the program they need full authorisations to all views in MM02 as the upload program uses this transaction in a BDC Call. However they currently have restrictions on certain views in MM02.

I need to find a way that allows them to run the program but prevents them from getting full access to all the views in MM02.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Philip Johannesen

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could tweak the program so that it executes only in background using a specific user ID.

There are a few drawbacks to this.

- The background ID would be on the change docs - there could be some logic in the program that writes a log file which includes the ID of the initiator.

- Users could create materials outside of their org units (if applicable)

Are the views there to prevent displaying of data or just changing?

If it's changing then an appropriate mitigating control could be put in place to identify anyone changing key fields. It depends on how your firm classifies the set of risks.

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your feedback.

Alex - yes you are right submitting it to a background job via a batch user wouldn't be suitable. As there are restrictions against the Users ID on which materials they copy to certain plants.

The views are there to prevent them from changing data. However they can view the data in display mode.

Do you know where I could get more detail on setting up approriate change control measures as you suggested?

Many Thanks,

Philip Johannesen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

does the program really generate Batch-Input-Sessions or does it work with CALL TRANSACTION ? If Batch-Inputs are created the user can be set:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/fa/097126543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm. and after that the session is started with RSBDCSUB.

Regards Wolfrad