Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS transfer - multiple senders & receivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone let me know how to perform the following scenario in CATS:

The business scenario requires a two step process for transferring CATS time data. The first step uses a sending purchase order and purchase order item number, activity number (specifies service master record), and receiving cost center. The second step uses sending cost center with activity type, and receiving plant maintenance work order.

The reason for needing both steps is that the rates for the two steps are different. In the first step, the costs which go to the receiving cost center are at the rate specified in the activity number (service master record). In the second step, the costs which go to the receiving work order are at the rate specified in the activity type (activity type planning).

I would like to put all of these fields into one line entry in the time sheet, but when I do this, only the CATM transfer to materials management works. The costs do not transfer to the plant maintenance work order.

Is there any way to do this using standard SAP functionality?

Thanks,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In which version you are?

In ECC 6.0, SAP provided a bunch of new fields in the CATS profile. If you are in the same version, it might help.

If this helps, pl do reward.

Thanks

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fields (with their technical field name) that we want to use are as follows:

Send.order - SEBELN

Item - SEBELP

Activity Number - LSTNR

Rec. CCtr - RKOSTL

Send. CCtr - SKOSTL

ActTyp - LSTAR

Rec. Order - RAUFNR

Activity - VORNR

Can anyone try a CATS transaction using all of these fields, and let me know if after the transfer process (CATM & CAT9) and acceptance of service entry sheet (ML81N), the costs show up on both the receiving cost center (at the rate specified in the activity number) and the receiving work order (at the rate specified in the activity type)?