Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics of Shared Memory

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Seniors,

I am new to Shared Memory concept and am trying to find some basics of shared memory and all the further proceedings. Any documentation, details and data would be of great help and is highly needed. I need to work on shared memory. Could you please help me in attaining good knowledge in this.

Thanks in advance,

Chaitanya.C.N

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shared memory is memory that can be used by different processes as opposed to private memory which can only be used by the process that creates it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_memory

0 Kudos

Hello Ashish ,

Firstly, I would like to Thank you for the quick reply. I am searching for Shared object memory on oracle and MS SQL server. Could you please give me any information on the above said databases. your reply is most awaited.

Thank you,

Chaitanya.C.N

former_member229034
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Seniors...!!!

0 Kudos

I really like the idea.

I am now in a deploy of making a BAPI for FBL1N, one for FBL3N and one for FBL5N, to download trough RFC the data display in those transaction.
To do this, I am considering start the RFC on the Frontend, then submit each transaction to the backend and with a BAdi inside store the final data on SOM, to later retrieve it from the Frontend.

I still have to test if SOM work between Frontend & Backend, but still think that is the best idea to re-use the standard logic and avoiding to copy the programs or making our analysis, in order to prevent any future change on the standard's reports or tables.

Thanks in advance, I would like to share my experience once finished this deploy.

Regards