cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC is locking out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need some help on user DDIC in Client 000. It keeps on locking itself out. Has anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hassen.

Most typical cause? You are running a job as DDIC or there is a RFC from another system that is using the wrong password.

Chech the reason why in 000 the user is locked - is this because of an invalid password? If so, check all jobs in SM37 run as DDIC. Also, check for all systems that connect to 000 as DDIC over RFC or JCO.

Most likely, a remote system with the wrong password for DDIC is attempting to authenticate to your system. Try to move away from using DDIC for RFC connections is possible.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim, Thanks for the help. The DDIC user is getting locked out due to "Incorrect Logons" so it is definitely a Password problem. I have also checked the RFC logons in all the system and none of them are using DDIC to log on. Should I maybe make the DDIC password the same in all the systems as a start?

Chow

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try that as a start - but you'll still need to synchonize at some point those connections that use DDIC as the user ID to logon to this system. Since this is 000, check especially any J2E stacks you have attached via JCos to that box.

One thing for sure, situations like this are always frustrating to resolve.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim, I am not sure what you mean by this line. Could you help a bit more please.

"check especially any J2E stacks you have attached via JCos to that box."

thanks so far

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure. You don't make mention of what releases you run. In WAS640 and WAS700, you can have dual stack systems - BI, ECC, PI/XI, etc, where each instance of your SAP system is made of 2 components - an ABAP stack and a J2EE stack.

Typically, you point the J2EE stack to the ABAP stack for items like user ID/password storage. Regardless of function, you'll end up having JCos (J2RR RFC'c) going back to the ABAP stack. A lot of folks set these up as DDIC and can be easily 'forgotten' when troubleshooting.

If you have J2EE stacks in the system - attached to this box or freestanding like a portal - please make sure you check the JCos in these systems as a potential source of the issue.

Cheers,

Tim