Did you mean: 

How to pass value between two layers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a layer with a form with two element:

- input field

- button

when I press the button another form in another layer apperars whit the possible value of the previous field (i can't make a drop down or a help value, because i use two bapi from different back end systemt, join with the UNION operator). Once i select the value I press a button to come back to the first form.

My problem is that I not able to pass the selected value.

I tryed with data store element, but it doesn't work.

I'm new in VC, so it's possible i'm making simple errors.

thanks in advantage for your help.

enzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

I don't understand your model, can you post it, so that I could check this on my system. It should be possible to pass values between different layers. Define an action and via this transformation you can pass the values.

But post the model. I will check it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo and Marcelo,

Are you able to navigate between the layers? If not First link both the layers with proper event name. That event should be mention in your button action.

Steps to follow:

1. Click the layer you can drag a link between the layers in which you want to navigate.

2. Give the link name same as the action name mentioned in the button property. Or mention the event name through which you want to navigate.

Steps to Pass the values:

1.> Go to the form of the first layer.Drag output port and create signal out with proper name.Click the link created in between the signal out and the form and give a proper name(event name). This name you have to mentioned in the button action property.Go to the form and click the button property.Then in action tab you can mentioned the action as custom action.

2.> Configure the signal out means select the fields which you want to transfer to the other iview.

3.> Then go to the other layer and drill down in that.

4.> create a form and drag input port of it and create a signal in and give the same name as you have mentioned in the signal out.

5.> configure the signal in. And give all the fields which you have mentioned in the signal out.(it is case sensitive, so better give the correct names)

6.> Double click the form and select all the fields which you want to be visible on the form.

7.> just save nad deploy the model and you can transfer data between the two layers.

I hope this will help you out.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo!

I am facing the same problem. Did you solve it? If so.. could you please share how did you do it?

Thanks a lot

Regards!

Marcelo