cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Contents : Error Handling : Syncronous Proxy <-> WebService Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Syncronous : Proxy <-> XI <-> WebService Scenario.

I am using Standard XI Contents from XI and SAP side.

Meaning : All the design objects like Message Interface / Message Types / Data Types etc are NOT created by me, but I am using from Standard XI Contents EA-HR 600. I did all the Configuration of the Scenario by using these Design objects.

In short , I can not change any of the Design object as it belongs to SAP.

Now, the scenario works fine. But I need to cater for Error handling.

Any suggestion.

I can not create fault messages as it is SAP's objects.

Thanks.

Dk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Webservice part is designed by you. Correct? Your Webservice should populate the detail tag of SOAP Fault Message. If this is the case with your web service, then the fault can be captured in XI. Also, I beleive standard interface (for client proxy) would contain a Fault Message attached to it.

Use the blog to know more about SOAP Fault message and how to handle it in XI.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2007/05/21/handling-web-service-soap-fault-responses-in-sap-netweaver-xi

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Even if the Webservice coding is deigned by him, even if it triggers a fault message to XI , as pre delivered content is used her I don't think the fault message will be propagated back to SAP as there ,

1. Will be no Fault Message Mapping

The predelivered integration content has a fixed source and target structures. and fixed mappings.

Havent tried something of this sort and so I might be of target as well.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestions.

Now my comment on these suggestions:

Option1 by Bhavesh. Copy Contents to my namespsce : I can do that, but here I need to tell you something. I have used Contents (Design Objects) and I didnt have to even create or activate any proxy ( I was amzed to see that ). Now, coping all the contents to my namespace will give me flexibility to add Fault Message (which is currently not avilable in standard content). but..but..I will have to create and generate / activate the proxy. ( Am I right?). Then where should I use this proxy? How my application will talk to this proxy? (I am not sure if I made my point clear). Currently I dont have to worry about communication between this HR application with standard Proxy ( which belongs to standard contents).

Option2 by Jai. Webservice changes : Webservice is not developed by me. I am consuming it. but I can ask this vendor who is WebService owner to change his webservice to suit my needs. But it wont solve the problem as I do not have Fault message at XI side.

I can consider Option1 by Bhavesh, if the proxy problem is solved.

Thanks,

DK

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmm... I knew that problem might occur.

As this is standard content shipped by SAP, you wuill have a standard report from SAP that triggers data to XI and so on.

If you need error handling and if the stndard report does not incorporate this ( am surprised that it doesnt use fault messages by default ) you would yesm, need to generate proxies, copy and customize the triggering report and so on.

If I were in your position and until it is not a business need I would use standard XI alerts to trigger Alerts in case of errrors and then ask Prod Support team to look into this issue rather than making customizations.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Me too have not dealt with such scenarios. But again Message mappings for a 3rd party webservices can not be pre delivered content of SAP. Right? Or am I missing some thing here?

If I am correct, then why not a Fault message mapping be incorporated in the interface mapping?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Even if you do incorporate the fault message in the Webservice side, to propogate the fault message back to the proxy, the OB message interface would also need to use a fault message and this where the trouble comes.

The moment you try to change the message interface, you need customizations!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Thnx dude.

Always assumed a std interface has a fault msg included.

P.S : I beleived I will get a reply tomorrow, but I got one in a few min. Man you must be watching SDN like any thing..

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for tips.

I will go for Alerts.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option if u r willing to consider it - but it would involves design,

Copy objects of all the Shipped SAP Content to your namespace and then enahnce them to meet your error handling functionalities.

Regards

Bhavesh