cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About account assignemnt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating the PO for material ttype ROH, system throws an error mentioning that account assignment

category is must.

Why do the system ask for the same?

If i want to mention Unknown( U) Acct Ass.system doesnt accept it.

As my material is stock material and i dont want to mention account assignment what are the necessary

changes i have to do??

Also one more quest.

If my material is raw material type and i want to store it in my storage location as an inventory, should

i mentioned the acct. assignment category for the same while creating the PO??

Please give additional information if you have any.

Point will be rewarded for answers.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to chek in Material type in customization whwether you have allowed quantity and value update for ROH.

iF you put the account assignment category then it will not inventory thr product , it will update the Consumption statistics for the materila in material master .

Moreover in PO u cant hav U as account assignment category it is allowed in blanket PO or contracts.

Hope it helps u

reward if useful

Rohit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1. Check the settings in the material type OMS2, flag the qty & value update field against your valuation area ( plant ). If this setting is not there it will not hit material acct ( inventory acct ).

2. Did you enter the material code field in the PO, if not it will ask for acct assignment category to update the values the GL acct. Kindly check & reply.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T.Code OMS2 and select your material type "ROH" and click on the qunatity/value updating Tab. Now select your valuation area ie....Plant and tick the value updating & qunatity update check boxes and Save.

Now try your transaction.

If helpful then rewards,

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal

Please go to the tcode OMS2 and select ur material type ROH and click on the qunatity/value updating tab. ther check the qunatity and value updating check boxes.

Now it wont ask for account assignment category during PO

and since u r using docuemnt type other than FO , i wont allow to enter account assignment category U.

Note : if u r using account assignment catergory in the PO, tht material wont get inventories.

Hope it wud have answered ur question

Reward if useful

Aasif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venu,

Costs can be apportioned among various Controlling objects via the account assignment.

so U have to mention account assignment while creating PO.

hope this may help You.

Regards

srinivas