Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature Capture (Applet not updated)

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running the standard xMAM3.0 applciation in Laptop Client. Trying to run the signature capture in order management. After I do signature on the canvas and saving it, applet remains there in the browser and nothing is happing either closing of the browser or any message, but If I click on clear button, image got cleared. Can any body let me know the standard functionality of this signature capture.

I am also trying do the changes to the standard functionality of signature capture. Here I am changing the applet code and running the application. But I could not see any changes to the applet. I herd that when ever we reload the applets, it will be loads from the cached contents. But I have deleted the contents of work folder, still I could not see the changes.

Regards,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

so you mean: you have the pageand captured the signature, but if you leave the gae, the applet still remains on the screen and you can press the buttons and that stuff - even the real HTML page has changed?

Or do you mean that the signature is still there when you come back to this screen from another page?

The second poart I don not really understand. You are telling that you want to change the Applet itself? And you have chnaged the code of the applet? Well, strange to me, but ok - and where do you have saved this new code then? Have you deployed the app with the new Applet to use it?

Please give me some more infos on that.

Regards,

Oliver

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

I suspect that some kind of exception is thrown when you try to save signature, that is why applet is not closed and you have no visible results.

Most probable cause - when signature is saved it requires access to the hard drive.

I would switch on Java console to see trace of exceptions.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Please ignore the above thread if not clear to you, now I will explain my whole scenario here..

In a short text field users will usually enter text by typing using the keyboard. But my scenario is instead of type the data into short text field, users can directly write to it like signature.

To accomplish this, I would like to know the xMAM3.0 standard functionality of the signature capture. In order management we have signature capture functionality. When I click on the Add Signature from the order report page an applet is opening in the browser and letting to write signature. After signed and clicked on the save button what should be done..?

As per my knowledge this signed image has to save in work folder of MI, and at synchronization time this image has to be saved to database (SAP).

Can you please let me know the standard functionality of signature capture in MAM.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contact me by MSN or SKYPE please - I guess this is much more easy and will speed up the process!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Is your problem resolved. If yes can you please share the solution for the problem. Even i am facing the same problem.

After capturing signature, when i click on save button, notjhing is happening and when i click on clear, the captured signature is getting cleared.

Thanks,

Warm Regards,

Priya Ghosh

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

In which client(Laptop/PDA) you are capturing the signature..?

Regards,

Chinna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we using MAM Laptop client.

Regards,

Priya Ghosh

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Because you are running signature capture(applet) in Laptop Client, system will not allow applet to access the system resources. You need to set the policies for accessing the system resources by using the policy tool available under \j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin

Just Click on the executable policytool.exe , now you will get a pop up window to set the permissions....

Click on Add Policy Entry /then Add permission tabs

now select All permissions and click ok followed by done.

now save the file -

>>

note: with the name .java.policy at the C:/documents and settings/ all users(or either any specific user that you are using)

Hope this help you.

Answers (0)