please help me to findout FI consolidation material , and consolidation transcation codes
With EC-CS, you can perform legal and management consolidations. The bases for this are the organizational units company, business area, and profit center.
2. Consolidation is centered on grouping together data from individual elements of an organization to form a unified whole. The aim of consolidation is to show only the external relationships, and to eliminate internal connections and processes.
Against this background, two types of master data is of primary importance:
The organizational units themselves, together with their structure, and
The financial statement items, whose structure determines the content of the data.
3.The data source for EC-CS is the FI general ledger, and the company code is the organizational unit.
4. In EC-CS, the consolidation units are generated from the business units (companies and/or business areas).
5. To transfer the data from the transaction sender system to the receiver system, you will make assignments tailored to the receiver system.
These can be assignments that are equally binding for all consolidation types, such as the assignment of a company code to a company.
6.If desired, business area balance sheets can be activated for each company code in FI.
7. If desired, you can create functional areas in FI so that the income statement can be grouped according to the requirements of cost of sales accounting.
8. The EC-CS component provides powerful functionality in both homogenous and heterogeneous system environments.
The component copes easily with non-standardized key systems (organizational units, charts of accounts, products, and so on), financial applications, and hardware environments.
The group companies who do not use the Consolidation system for financial accounting are mapped as companies in FI.
9. If the transaction applications and the Consolidation system are all in the same client of the same system, data can be transferred to the Consolidation system online (in realtime).
10. It is also possible to transfer data from SAP systems by means of periodic extracts and rollups.
11. Data from non-SAP systems can be imported using special data entry forms, flexible uploads, and Microsoft Access.
The manner in which data is transferred to consolidation depends on the data transfer method.
. Direct update/rollup:
Value items with the same names as the accounts of the group chart of accounts have to be in the consolidation chart of accounts for EC-CS. You create the group account of the sender system in the master data of the operating chart of accounts.
. Periodic extract:
The operating accounts are assigned to a group financial statement version in the sender system.
The items of the consolidation chart of accounts in the receiver system correspond to the line items of this financial statement version. In the FI sender system, you extract the financial data with the financial statement program.
In the EC-CS receiver system, a program reads the data extract and posts the information.
The EC-CS consolidation chart of accounts consists of value items, under which the values are kept, and totals items, which contain the totals of the value items below them in the structure.
You can use multiple consolidation charts of accounts to meet various requirements.
. Consolidation chart of accounts for financial accounting (group financial statement based on USGAAP, for example)
. Condensed chart of accounts
. Chart of accounts with key figures
13. Consolidation is performed with the help of two monitors. They contain all the procedures to be carried out.1: data monitor, 2:consolidation monitor
SEM-BCS and EC-CS provide
- Full Process Control via Consolidation Monitor
- High automation of the entire consolidation process
- Comprehensive Audit Trails
- Document Principle
- Ready-to-run functionality by customizable tasks and methods
SEM-BCS provides in addition
- Flexible Data Model based on Info Providers in BW
- Arbitrary number of sub-assignments
- Arbitrary number of version characteristics
- Matrix consolidation (Company Profit Center)
- Strong integration features through BI as underlying platform, e.g. with Planning or Corporate Performance Management
- Harmonized statutory and management consolidation and reporting
SEM-BCS documentation : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60ep1/helpdata/en/62/f7e73ac6e7ec28e10000000a114084/content.htm
EC-CS documentation :
Assign the points if helpfull