cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency conversion settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i wud like to know wat all settings/data determine the coversion of one currency to another. also how it works for pricing conditions. i wud be grateful if the paths are also provided.

thnx in advance.

saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved.thnx.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Trx OB08 for exchange rate maintenance

& OBD6 for maintaining Rate spreads.

thanks

maity

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thnx for the replies. my scenario is such--i have a manual cond in which i feed the value in INR and it shud convert it into USD basis hte exchange rate i have maintained in the sales order. this is not happening. moreover this scenario is working fine in dev server and the problem is in test server whre the client is always so its possible that someone may jus dne sumthing. i have cheked the exchange rate settings, customer master etc. but did not find the sol. do we do some settings in vov7/8, vok0 or anywhrer else. i can compare the settings on the tow servers, but which ones ? plz guide

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear saurabh,

Exchange rates are maintained in OB08 transaction. and stored in table TCURR. Exchange rate type M will be considered for conversion.Type M is sap standard.Currencies which are not there in type M will have to be maintained by us both direct and indirect convertion factors.

And can be used in sales data at header level for conversion.

Try it out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

You can maintain currency conversion rate in transaction OB08.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saurabh

Setting the Currency

:

This setting is only possible in standard analyses in which currency key figures can be displayed.

The system makes a distinction between the original currency and the analysis currency.

Original currency
The original currency is the currency in which key figure data is updated to the information structures.

Analysis currency
The analysis currency is the currency in which you want to display the current analysis data. If you specify an analysis currency, the system performs the necessary conversion automatically.

If you do not specify an analysis currency on the selection screen, the data is displayed in the original currency.

Setting the Conversion into an Analysis Currency

To configure the conversion into the analysis currency, proceed as follows:

In the initial or drilldown list, select Settings ® Currency ® Analysis currency.
A dialog box appears.

In the Currency field, enter the key of the currency in which you want the analysis to be performed.
In the Exchange rate type field, enter the key for the exchange rate.
The system now automatically converts all currencies to the specified analysis currency using the specified exchange rate.

The system proposes an exchange rate type in the user settings and in Customizing.

Setting the Conversion into the Original Currency

Path: To set the conversion from the analysis currency to the original currency, select Settings -- Currency --- Original currency

The values in the results list are then shown in the currency in which they were updated.

Undo Currency

This function allows you to reverse all currency conversions you have carried out for the report list. All key figures are displayed again in the database currency. Choose Settings -- Undo --- Currency.

Reward if useful to u

Message was edited by:

narendran vajravelu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

SPRP-Financial Accounting-Global Settings-Search for currency conversion there..

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos