cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table SVERS is not in the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had made a system copy( OS level) and oracle is up and running. While connecting to SAP it is giving this error in the log file. Also found that the users are of the old system( with different SID). So I ran the oradbusr.sql for NT and it created those users in 2003. But even though it is not connecting through SAP.

I had few checks on SAP with the help of note: 400241

Select owner from dba_tables where table_name='T000';

SAPBOS

and my target is SAPWS1. and I have changed the global_name parameter to WS1.WORLD. But no luck.

Could someone please guide me...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied the db from WS1 instance server to another fresh WS1 instance server, but in the new server also the same error occurs now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good feedback by everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for everybody's reply.

I have changed the ora_dbs_schema to SAPBOS and it worked. But my query remains if I can somehow change the old schema to SAPWS1. I have not found any note on it. Why should I used the old Schema??

Once again thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>But my query remains if I can somehow change the old schema to SAPWS1. Why should I used the old Schema??</b>

As i said in my first post: The only way to change a schema is doing an export/import, there is NO way to rename a user in oracle - sorry.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mho,

Is there any way to change it to new schema??

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

see please also this SAP note:

<b><u>534765</u></b> - db connect fails because of wrong db schema in environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you change the environment variable <b><u>dbs_ora_schema</u></b>=SAP<SID> to new one?

After changing the environment settings, you can restart your database and Windows Service OracleService<SID>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baran,

Last time as per your instruction I have changed the dbs_ora_schema= BOS which was the one copied from another server. That time the sap installation was done with WS1 sid. And after changing the dbs parameter to the actual copied db( BOS) it worked.

Now I have copied the WS1 to another server with the same SID, and again I get the same error here. SAP starts( I mean the green icon in mmc) but then disp goes down with the error in MMC log as table SVERS ......

Am I missing here some settings? ( I have copied all the files including the control files) as a part of DR test. All data and control files copied to Source to Target( having the same SID). I thought I have to do some setting while starting oracle, but it started without any problem). But now sap has some problem.

I run the oradbusr.sql for creating the OPS$BCKUP\SERVICEWS1 and another OPS$BCKUP\WS1ADM user. Also able to connect through conn WS1\sap@WS1.

Any clue?

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also the user OPS$WEBSERVER\WS1ADM is present with all the grants. So I could not see any problem with it??

you suggest OPS$WS1ADM does not exists. In the source and target, So I thought no use of creating it. But is there any way that the Table owner in T000 can be change from SAPBOS to SAPWS1??

Or is there any other try??????/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I ran the R3Trans -d command and like to give the details of hte log file. As I am not connected to the network, will try to give some details

Connecting /@WS1

Now I m connected to Oracle

Error ORA-1403 When accessing the table SAPUSER

Connecting SAPWS1/<pwd>@WS1

--

Connected

Log BZA=> table SVERS does not exist

Error => NTAB: select Version/ DBASE from DDNTT failed.

This was few imp. contents of the trans.log file.

Also I tried to set the dbs_ora_schema through Mycomputer==> Advance==> Envoi variable==> dbs_ora_schema to SAPBOS, but reverted , bcos no idea of the consequences..

Also the select owner from dba_table where Table_name='T000';

returns SAPBOS. I want to change the only thing I suppose to make SAP work.

Rest I tried all the things, please give me some more details without change the schema. At present its SAPWS1.

Please suggest....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you logon to the database with the SAP Database user ? If not, you should change the password of this userl ike thatand try again?

brconnect -u SYSTEM/<u><password></u> -f chpass -o <<u>SAP Database User</u>> -p <u><newpassword></u>

Best regards

Baran

Former Member
0 Kudos

to which DB User does the SAPUSER Table belong?

<i>SELECT TABLE_NAME, OWNER FROM DBA_TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'SAPUSER'</i><b></b>

please read these SAP Notes very <b><i><u>carefully</u></i></b>, they can help you.

<b>400241</b> - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle

<b>361641</b> - Creating OPS$ users on UNIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Michael is right on target. Table SVERS is a schema specific table - only the schema owner can see this table. Not sysdba, not system.

So, you need to check to make sure that your schema identifiers are the same as the source system. Check also the environment variables for SIDadm point to schema owner SAPBOS. SIDadm needs to innitiate with the old schema onwer to reach the database.

Please run "R3trans -x" as sidadm in a commnand window. What is the return code here - 00012? Please post the contents if the return code is not 0000.

Cheers,

tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

If you only copied the db files from BOS to WS1 the schema stays the same. The only way to change a schema is doing an export/import copy.

But you can get WS1 running with the SAPBOS schema as well. First make sure your sidadm ENV variable dbs_ora_schema is correct. If it is set to SAPWS1 change it to SAPBOS.

Second you have to check if your OPS$ Users are correct, and the OPS$WS1ADM has the SAPUSER table:

[code]SQL> select username from dba_users where username like 'OPS$%';

USERNAME

-

OPS$WS1ADM

OPS$ORAWS1[/code]

If you still are not able to connect, please post the error from R3trans -d here.

Regards

Michael