Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me to know how to get the data from SAP to server(java) and vice versa using BAPI..

Example : Material data is in the Java server,Now i need to take the data from tht server to SAP using BAPI..Plz guide me with the steps

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

STEP 1 - Define a structures for the BAPI

STEP 2 - Write Function Module

• Each BAPI must have its own function group.

• Under the attrbutes tab remember to select Processing Type Remote Enabled module, otherwise the function module cannot be invoked via RFC and used as a BAPI

• Import/Export parameters can only be BY VALUE for an RFC enabled function module

• We are only creating one BAPI in this example, but you can create related BAPIs in the same function pool, so they will be able to share global data.

Attributes

Import Parameters

Export Parameters

Tables

STEP 3 - Create the API Method Using the BAPI WIZARD

STEP 4 - Final steps

When the Business object has been checked and the documentation created, the follwing steps must be carried out:

• Release the BAPI function module (in the Function Builder).

• Release the business object type (in the BOR ObjectType -> Change release status to -> Implemented ).

• Release the BAPI as a method in the BOR (Release the methods you have created - Set the cursor on the method then

Edit -> Change release status -> Object type component -> To released )

<b>reward points if useful.</b>

regards,

Vinod Samuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

go through this link hope this ll help you to solve your problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5c/2f2c4142aef623e10000000a155106/content.htm

reward point if helpful.

thanks

mrutyun^