cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Dev And BW-Dev installation in 1 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now i have R/3 Dev and Bw-Dev .both have diffrent servers.Now i want to shift Bw-Dev server in R./3 Dev.Means i want to install Both on 1 server.Can anybody help and tell me the idea how can i restore both R/3 Dev and Bw-Dev in server After INstallation.Just give me the Brief Idea.

Regards

Harinder Dhillon

Harinderdhillon@tridentindia.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have both R/3 DEV and BW-Dev on SOLARIS and Oracle DB.

Now i want to merge these.I have a idea how to install 2 DBs on 1 server.But can somebody explain after installing 2 DB instaces on 1 server how can i restore both databases as a homogenius copy in newly installed system with 2 DB and CI Insrances.

Regards

Harinder Dhillon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do not care about number of systems.

Only do HomoCopy twice. One for R/3 and one for BW.

of course you have to use different SID and potentionally

separate TRANS directories.

I recomend you to stop already migrated system when you

will be migrate the second one.

Detail description you can find on SAP Service

service.sap.com/instguides and HomoCopy guide for

relevant SAP versions of each system.

Bye Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For restoring from backup you have to copy BRBACKUP log

files from original servers to appropriate locations

on new server.

Than you can use BRRESTORE to restore database from backup.

ANdy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it for surely,although not recommended but can be done.You have be careful for things like oracle ports.

For instance if you R3 dev server oracle is on 1527.You have to make sure when you Install a new instance the new oracle uses different ports...

I recommend not to use the R3 dev database,u may mess up.Instead do a fresh one.....

After wards you can do a homogeneous copy for your dev-BW server.

Pls revert back...

Supriyo Choudhury

Message was edited by:

supriyo choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harinder,

Provide more details on your enviroment, OS type etc.

Are you looking at merging the two enviroments using the same database or keep both the instances seperate?

We have a similar setup on a highly scalable IBM Pseries enviroment running on AIX. Both the enviroments are isolated and use virtual hosts.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harinder,

I seriously recommend you DO NOT do this. It's very bad for system performance to combine OLAP and OLTP systems on the same hardware.

If you still wish to consolidate, then perform 2 installations, one system will need to be instance 01. I'd recommend using SAPINST and export both systems to perform new installations.

Additionally, if these systems are connected, please keep in mind you will encounter issues in rebuilding the connections between the 2 and you will have some work ahead of you in RSA1 and SM59.

Cheers,

Tim