cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPVS- Tractor Trailer combination not building during optimizer run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tractor/Trailer Assignment :

I am currently on SCM 5.0 with Add on TM. I am experiencing a problem that while Optimizer runs the above combination is selected by optimizer.

I have activated for both trailer & compartment in SPRO

I have created

1>Tractor -> means of transport as passive mean of transport

2> Trailer -> Active mean of transport

I have created two vehicle resources

1. Tractor with capacity – 1 ton

2. Trailer with capacity – 40 tons.

& assigned both the resources to my optimizer profile

I have crated Define Means-of-Transport Combination with one passive tractor & 10 active trailers. Here also I have defined capacity 40 Ton for MTr combination.

Kindly suggest me where I missed out ?

Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Try following

1) The tractor which pulls the trail,er should be defined as Active vehicle &* Trailer as passive vehicle.

2) You are creating a combination of 10 Trailers with one active vehicle. Hence you need to create atleast 10 trailers so that optimizer can use all of them. Instead of defining combination of 10 trailers, try defining a combination of one tractor & one trailer if your MTr capacity is 40 Ton & trailer capacity is also 40 tons. The MTr capacity cannot exceed the total capacity of all the trailers + tractors being used.

Hope this helps you. Pl. come back if you need further help.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

I did the same what you suggested but still in optimizer it is not selecting both the mean of transport & terminating with no solution,

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Would be very difficult to say remotely without looking at all the relevant settings. Can you confirm the following ?

1) Trucks & Trailers are created as Vehicle resources (Cat. T)

2) You have maintained work time as 24:00 in means of transport?

Thanks & Regards

Sandep patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

I have maintained what all you have said, still it is not building the combination during optimizer run

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Der Manish,

You are saying that this combination is not read at all by the optimizer. As I understand the problem, Tractor & Trailers appears in the resources tab in the VS planning Board, but optimizer does not use them during shipment planning. If my understanding is correct, then check whether necessary Tr. Lane is maintained from source to destination , Trucks & Trailers maintained on this lane & distance & duration maintained on Tr. Lane. If all the above is maintained & still if you face the same problem, I suggest try planning the shipment manually. Select the Truck & Trailer from resource tab & then assign the freight unit to this combination. If shipment cannot be planned, then proper warning message will be displayed based on which you can correct the discripancy..

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read the combination is not selected by optimizer.