cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend VCL with custom UI items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to extend the modelling language with custom ui items?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) for custom UIs you could also use the HTML-view (if this is enough)

2) Up to my understanding the upcoming version of VC will have a Kit concept, which shall also allow custom UIs. There are also other concepts planned for other ways of approaching this.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks for your answers. But there are still a lot of open questions:

1) What do you mean with with "HTML-view". Can you post a reference to any documentation?

2) Where can I find informations about the "Kit concept" and the "other concepts"?

In my eyes there are a lot of great possibilities for the UI with the integrated Flex Server! But what features of this server are exposed to the VC?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

ad 1) There is in VC a control called HTML-View, which basically is an iFrame. This control is already available.

ad 2) As this is Kit Concept is part of the next version of VC and where we are still developing, there is not yet documentation available. But it allows you to create your own plugins at different entry points.

ad 3) You can see a demo-video from the SAPPHIRE 2004 in one of my weblogs (/people/mario.herger/blog/2005/08/16/vc-the-sapphire-05-analytics-dashboard) which gives you a good overview, of what is used from the Flex Server. But be sure, we are working on it to use it even better.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thanks again!

1) OK, but this means coding and not modeling!

2) I am very exited about this feature. When we can have a look at it?

3) Yeah, this looks very smart! But it's the output. I am more interested, what a developer can do with the integration. I see incredible interfaces with drag&drop, keyboard control, ...

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

ad 2) Probably not earlier than SAPPHIRE 2006 (somewhere in April);

ad 3) We are preparing some demo-videos for the SDN that show some features. So watch out for the next VC-related weblogs...

Mario

Answers (0)