cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in installation of SAP XI on MSCS windows server 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have started installing our XI QAS on a MSCS running windows server 2003. We've followed the installation guide and loaded the Oracle binaries onto each node and the latest patches, have installed oracle failsafe (3.2.2) - done all the DNS & TCP/IP checks, installed abap and abap DB on central instance, and started configuring MSCS using SAPInst - all this successfully completed....

The problem we are having are:

In the Oracle Failsafe Manager, when trying to move <SID>.world from standalone resource to cluster service we get the following errors (after completing all actions on Node A - errors appear to relate to Node B) ....

FS-10890: Oracle Services for MSCS failed during the add operation

FS-10778: The database resource provider failed to configure the the cluster resource <DBSID>.world

FS-10040: Failed to create the database resource <DBSID>.world

ORA-01078: failiure in processing system parameters...

The settings are then rolled back......

I've not had any luck on either the oracle site or sap site finding solutions to these problems.

We've checked all permissions - all okay, Oracle homes are correct, Ip addresses (public and private) are all correct, and now running out of ideas...

Anyone have any ideas??

I can provide more information is needed....

Message was edited by: Barry Neaves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The line in the log right before the error messages reads:

49 09:07:17 > FS-10427: Creating database instance <DBSID> for TNS service name <DBSID>.WORLD

I assume it this part that failed..... It took ten seconds before listing the error messages.....

Any thoughts??