cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Accounting Entries for certain Movement Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using Movement Type 511 to record free of charge receipts from vendors. Still it is generating Accounting Entries with Standard Material Price.

Is there any way to stop Accounting Entries for 511 and other Movement Types, where external business partners are involved ?

I tried IMG Setting "Define Account Grouping for Movement Types", where I did not tick in the field "Value Updates". But it did not work.

I believe, Account Grouping settings at the level of combination of Plant and Material Type takes precedence. There I have ticked in the field "Value Updates". So even if create a new Movement Type, with no tick in the field "Value Updates", it creates Accounting Entries for free of charge receipts from vendors.

Is there any way to stop any accounting entries in such cases ?

Basically I want 311-like movement type, but where external business partners are involved.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Try using T.code OMS2.

Select the material type.

and double click on Qty/Value updation.

Uncheck the value updation field for the desired plants.

Hope this helps.

Sheetal Hirde

Reward if helpful.

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hai,

Try in OMWB Tcode in Valuation & acct assignments - Configure automatic postings. In this Tcode OMWB i.e.,click simulation tab, enter the material, movt type & plant in the respective field & go to acct assignments then check the field in Value update field, picks up from the respective material type settings OMS2.

If you are maintaining the price control " S " in the MMR, then it will hit during GR & if Price control V for Moving avg price is maintained in the MMR, it will not create any accting entries in MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to you all for your quick reply.

I created a new Movement Type - copied it from 511 and made the changes as per your suggestions - disabled field "Value Update" in "Update Control / WM Movement Types".

Using MIGO when I try to receive the material, it gives me error "Update Control of Movement Type is Incorrect"

Any reason for this error ? I have disabled even "Check Account Assignment" in Account Grouping

Thanks and Regards

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

Please go to the tcode OMJJ and select movement typeand enter the mvt type 511and click on enter

then click on the update control/WM movement type and deselect the value update indicator and save it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLS FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING:

<b>OMJJ</b>>>CHECK <b>MOVEMENT TYPE</b> AND <b>ENTER</b>>>FROM(511) TO(511)>>ENTER>>DOUBLE CLICK <b>UPDATE CONTROL</b>>>DE-SELECT THE <b>VALUE UPTODATION</b> INDICATOR>><b>SAVE.</b>

PLS REWARD IF FOUND USEFUL.

REGARDS,

INDRANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to the Tcode OMJJ andd select the movt type from 511.

and click on the Update control / WM movement types , where the check box for value update must be unchecked.

Hope it wud have answered ur question

Reward if useful

Aasif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sameer,

Plz try OMJJ & remove the value updation flage.

Hope this will solve your problem,

Reward if useful

AAK