cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can employee master data be stored without using Personnel Management?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some help...

I am working on 6.0. The company has decided to implement only Organizational Management, Time management and Training and Event Management modules. Can any one please tell me if its possible to do this without implementing personnel management??? And how would it be useful???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai..

As long as u dont process any employees in SAP, PA module may be left... But if u want to process an emp u should hav hired him and that happens in PA...

so check the pros & cons and then go for implementing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Assuming that for instance a <i>name </i>and a <i>prename </i>are considered as "Personnel Management" (or personnel administration <b>PA</b>) data, the use of only organizational management <b>OM </b>will quite limit the advantages.

You could use OM to maintain the organizational chart, but without names on it... might be a bit boring.

But if you use Personnel Time Management <b>PT </b>and Training and Event Management <b>TEM</b>, I assume, that you use PA as well. Or how should this work if you are not able to assign the reported time to one person's ID?

cheers,

Benno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benno,

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate. But can you tell me if there is any other way??? Or if there is any other way of uploading emp master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

In brief: use PA.

If you want to store employee personnel data (like <i>names </i>and so on), then you will need the infotypes from personnel administration <b>PA</b>. Of course you could do it by creating customer specific tables (but with this solution you just create an easy version of what SAP already provides; meaning a lot of effort that is already covered if you use PA).

cheers,

Benno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read the issue about implementing OM without PA. This can be possible, but if you are going to implement also times and event, you should need PA. If you don´t have PA, you wont have times or event.

For Times and Events, is requierement PA and OM.

Regards,

Ruben