cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make J2EE engine auto load The JSP Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I modify some JSP pages, If I just copy them to the folder in the Server, The pages didn't update.

How to make it auto update?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen,

Actually copying of new versions of jsp pages and overwriting the old ones has worked okay for me with the j2ee engine. Can you give a few more details on the steps you perform and how exactly you figure out that it doesn't work?

Greetings, Myriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shen,

please take in consideration, that JSP page is translated to HttpServlet component when deployed. It's not accessed via original JSP file.

You can try to modify the final HttpServlet class file, but then you have to go through pre-compiling.

Hope it helps,

regards.

mz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, jsp compile to servet classes. When I deploy applications to Tomcat, The UI changes after I copyied the modified jsp pages to the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on vendor specific workaround. In case of TomCat, the deployment process is almost as simple as copying app. archive to filesystem and JSP translation is called at first access plus caching. I think that in NetWeaver AS the translation takes place during deployment without consistency checking during component calls.

mz