Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Catalog details after the processing of SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Scenario:

After selecting a product from the catalog, the shopping cart is waiting for approval or is with the operational purchaser. At that point if the price in the catalog for the product changes then it should be be retrieved from the catalog and be updated in the shopping cart. The workflow should be triggered again.

The problem is that I don't know how to retrieve information from the catalog for a particular product.so that I could do a comparison of the prices.

We are using SRM5.0 and SRM-MDM Catalog2.0.

Thanks and Regards

Kishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello kishan,

How about calling OCI validate function which transfers the latest product information ? When you copy old Shopping cart, OCI validate is called and catalog returns the latest price.

I had same requirement from customer and I recommended to use contract, because purchasing org should handle price change, negotiation and tracking.

How often price is changed and what is trigger for price change?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

How do I call the OCI validate function explicitly during the processing of the shopping cart?

I guess the price shouldn't change often but a check has to be done before the PO is created.

Thanks and Regards

Kishan

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kishan,

You should set break-point and check standard program code when the items is copied from old Shopping Cart. What is the process if the price is increased ? Should stop creating the PO and Purchaser do somthing manually ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have s sperate server for MDM ,you need to use RFC to fetch the details.I have no worked on MDM catalog,so may be in MDM,the tables might be different.

You can also check these reports in SE38 fro CCM 2.0... There are more of them, do a search on /CCM/*

Report Name Description. Attention / additional hints

/CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG Deletion / Cleanup of catalogs. May be dangerous since all catalogs can be deleted via this report! The report is needed if an upload crashed in order to delete the temp. version of the uploaded catalog.

/CCM/PATCH_CATALOG Needed if data migration was necessary between two support packages in order to migrate the data.

/CCM/VERIFY_CATALOG Prints out a list of the database content of a catalog.

Options on the selection screen for Item valuations, includes deleted objects, views etc.

/CCM/CATALOG_CME_DATA Shows the predefined characteristics / data types

Shows the characteristics / data types of a catalog.

Can be used to check the data (e.g. alias, aspects) of predefined characteristics

/CCM/VISUALIZE_MAPPING Displays the mapping tables for a given catalog ID

/CCM/INITIALIZE_CME Initializes the predefined data types / characteristics. Used to initialize the catalog

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

As we are using SRM-MDM Catalog, I don't think we can use the programs for the SRM-MDM catalog.

Is there any other option?

Thanks and Regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Please go through this link, which might help -></u>

Let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

The link contains function modules which query from the tables in EBP. I want to query the info available in the SRM-MDM catalog, that being the catalog price.

Is there any FMs available for that??

Thanks and regards

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CCM 2.0,all tables for CCM start with "/CCM/" ,so you can search on that.

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

You are right, but how do I query them from SRM? Can I use a select statement on those tables from EBP or is there any RFC available?

Regards

Kishan