cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver/Sender Adapter Error - HowTo?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have scenario JDBC2IDoc and back

Well i have to connect to SQLServer 2000. Therefore i downloaded and deployed following drivers:

sqljdbc.jar (for UNIX)

msbase.jar

mssqlserver.jar

msutil.jar

ojdbc14.jar

Deployment worked fine so i configured Sender CC as follows:

JDBC-Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Connection: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.94.22.99:1433;DatabaseName=COS

User etc should be right

But i am getting following error:

<i>...'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.94.22.15:1433;DatabaseName=COSCOM': ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver'</i>

What might be the problem?

br

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your connection paramters loks fine...but this error ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver' indicates your Driver files are not deployed properly....

cross check with the basis about the driver been properly deployed....

Message was edited by:

Nisar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the class exists in the jar!

BUT as i checked there is nothing deployed in \usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSNN\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\

There is no com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib existing. I am wondering because even if i haven't deployed there has to be such a folder, right?

So i try again after HowTo to deploy. Because i think i did things right the problem might be, that i zipped the files via XP service and renamed the zip in sda. Is this OK? Funny thing is, that SDm says everything is deployed properly....

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether you have installed the correct drivers .

Also whether the drivers have been installed correctly.

The files are finally deployed in the file system path: D:\usr\sap\XR3\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\bin\ext\

After then you need to check whether you have provided the correct Connections parameters or not.

Rest I have configured IDoc to JDBC, Mapping and all is simple its one to one, so there shouldnt be much of a problem.

Thanks

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

follow this guide:

JDBC Driver Deployment Guide...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ffd890-0201-0010-708f-d5dad2df...

BUT as i checked there is nothing deployed in usrsap<SID>DVEBMGSNNj2eeclusterserver0inext

There is no com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib existing. I am wondering because even if i haven't deployed there has to be such a folder, right? YES IT WILL BE THERE

THE SDM says right becasue you deploy the SDA file and yes it did it, but did you updated the SDA file with the proper jar files......check the SDA files before you delopy it... i think you might have gone wrong using the driver tool to add those jar files into the SDA.......

as i had said earlier the problem is with the jar files not loaded....pls rerun the steps and before you deploy chcek the file is updated with the proper jar files and after delopying into server also check the size of the .sda file before and after...

i hope this solves your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok well i have a new problem.

1. there is no folder com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib not even before deployment

2. deployment throws error saying that the jar's are not in the sda

but they are! here is my provider XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE provider-descriptor SYSTEM "library.provider.dtd">

<provider-descriptor>

<display-name>com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib</display-name>

<component-name>com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib</component-name>

<major-version>7</major-version>

<minor-version>0</minor-version>

<micro-version>6</micro-version>

<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

<references>

<reference type="library" strength="weak">jms</reference>

</references>

<jars>

<jar-name>sqljdbc.jar</jar-name>

<jar-name>msbase.jar</jar-name>

<jar-name>mssqlserver.jar</jar-name>

<jar-name>msutil.jar</jar-name>

<jar-name>ojdbc14.jar</jar-name>

</jars>

</provider-descriptor>

No idea why SDM doesn't recognize the jars. The sda structure is:

/META-INF

/server

msbase.jar

mssqlserver.jar

msutil.jar

ojdbc.jar

sqljdbc.jar (even if i dont need it)

whats wrong?!

br

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you list down the steps you have followed to create the sda file with that jar files....

Go to,

[original link is broken]

Find "How to Install and Configure External Drivers for JDBC & JMS Adapters:

Make sure u have followed all the steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On your SAP XI installation, locate the following file and copy it to a working directory of

your choice:

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<SYSNO>/SDM/root/origin/

sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.jmsproviderlib/SAP AG/3.0.0220040608173429.0000/aii_af_jms

providerlib .sda

Here you have this aii_af_jmsproviderlib .sda

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, finally everything is ready. But in Adapter-Monitor i now get:

<i>'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.sqlserverdriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.94.22.99:1433;databaseName=COS': SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.'</i>

Whats this error?! Am i already on database?

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The other mistake i see is in the structure of the resulting SDA file.

The structure similar to the structure

META-INF

server

MANIFEST.MF

SAP_MANIFEST.MF

sda_primlib.sda

provider.xml

All should be at the level.

Thanks

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you restart your J2ee server after deploying the sda files also

Verify the DB URL by connecting database using Command line SQL plus or any SQL editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i made a restart in SMICM even though SDM made one after deploying the sda.

Nevertheless i am not able to connect to database.

I tried with tool DBVisualizer and used the MSSqlDriver with following URL:

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://10.94.22.99:1433;DatabaseName=COS but it's not working due to Network Timeout. I guess it's the same problem like in Adapter of XI.

Can someone give me a hint?! br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now are you able to see the drivers in the path i specifed.Only instead of D it should be the place where you XI is installed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, well the structure u provide like

<i>META-INF

server

MANIFEST.MF

SAP_MANIFEST.MF

sda_primlib.sda

provider.xml</i>

is not the one i used and is also not mentioned in the guide. On the other hand what is sda_primlib.sda? is this XI 3.0?! I am on PI 7.0.

But anyway, its still not running, deployed again and checked all the parameters in IB Configuration.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sda_primlib.sda is the file which comes from META-INF folder apart from the two manifest files.Also this structure should contain the relevant zars.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your classpath

and

whether the class that is called "com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDrive" existed your the driver you downloaded or not?