Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export/Import Development Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I want to make a local copy of development objects (I.E: Program, Screen, Function Group) in case any of them is destroied by others, could any1 tell me how to do that? Thanks in advance.

BTW, how to import them back to SAP system again?

Thanks, points will be rewarded.

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh well thats not neccesary.

make your copies within the sap system. copy your reports, forms etc.

additionaly you got the version system, which pulls a new version for every transport request.

in most of the cases this is way enough.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh well thats not neccesary.

make your copies within the sap system. copy your reports, forms etc.

additionaly you got the version system, which pulls a new version for every transport request.

in most of the cases this is way enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vincent,

Good!

U could retrieve these by using versoins. in the menu bar... go to ..Utilities>versions> version management

If you want a copy of that.

in the ABAP Editor, you could fine the download/upload button in green colour,

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u have created a report using $tmp development class then the possible way is to ask your basis person to retrieve the data from tape..

If it is not a temporary object then it generates a version which u can check from

Abap Editor> Utilities> Versions--> Version management

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, wrong topic

Edited by: Mylene Euridice Dorias on Apr 22, 2008 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create this kind of "backups" of programs and function modules, you may use the ABAP statement READ REPORT..., read the source codes into an internal table and store these to your frontend...