cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory issues while running a yearly report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my consultant is trying to run an yearly report which consumes approximately 3 GB of size. But, the memory available at that point is only 2 GB on the server. The report generates a runtime error "SYSTEM_NO_TASK_STORAGE".

But, when I restart the server, all the buffers are cleared and there is 5 GB space after which the report runs to success. The number of program swaps in ST02 are more than 3000. The swap space assigned is 400 MB.

I believe that increasing the swap space can resolve this issue. But, I would like to know any other better solutions for this.

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, the best solution would be to add some physical RAM on your server.

Nowadays, I would say that using less than 8 GB RAM for SAP products leeds running into problems.

In my company, we are now going full 64bit with at least 16 GB RAM...

Bythe way 400 MB for the program buffer seems very low to me. On SAP R/3 4.7 we use 1500 MB. But this just slows down the system.

You should check your extended memory setting.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our server has 8GB of RAM. I don't want to increase the swap space as it would reduce the performance of the server.

Can you help me with steps to change some other settings which can resolve this?

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How much is your swap space ?

There is a good chance that you will NEED to increase the swap space and then the SAP extended memory.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My swap space is now 400 MB. If i increase the swap space, are there any dependent parameters that I need to change which might get effected and How?

Please provide me with brief steps.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

If your OS swap space is really only 400 MB, it is ridiculously much too small for SAP software. It should be more like 20 GB !

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want to increase the swap space on my server, are there ay other dependent parameters that i need to change?

Please explain in brief.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I've already told you that : You have to increase the extended memory.

I'm sorry but even if I am glad to help on these forums, you have to do your own home work. I've also a job that I must fulfill and can't take too much time to do your work.

If you read http://help.sap.com you will find alll the needed information.

Best Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)