cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of IPPE for Introduction of Market Specific Variants of a Core Product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PLM Guru's.

My field is SAP SCM and want to ask you guys a specific question regarding IPPE.

My client introduces new products globally on a regular basis, the core product is the same but the packaging, artwork, literature, etc is different by market. This causes a lot of issues and delays for data management often meaning that planning is late in the cycle meaning further delays.

My Question:

Is it possible to manage the design and development phase using IPPE and then use the PVS's to generate material specific (i.e. without the use of variants) boms and routings?

This would allow the planning to go-ahead for procurement, capacity etc using APO ahead of the game.

I am finding documentation on the use of IPPE to generate non-variant master data a bit difficult to follow so any input is gratefully recieved.

Of course if you can suggest a better/neater/simpler alternative approach I would also be grateful.

Thanks in Advance.

M

Anybody?

Message was edited by:

percx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Percx,

I am also new to iPPE. But i wanted to share you the information i know. It is definitely possible to create different stages of the product development like functional requirements, design and development phase. In iPPE workbench you can also change your object dependencies sucha that for different selection options you can get different configured products.

For example : You have defined a configurable product. Which can have two variants. For that you can create two standard configurations and on those standard configuration rules will be fired across all the levels of product (through PVS).

regards,

rajesh