cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of STOs from APO to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some locations in APO which exist as storage locations in R/3. Based on the planning run in APO, STOs would be generated between these locations.

We would be transferring this data to SAP R/3 but the problem is since these locations does not exist there, these STOs would be rejected. The stock transfer between these locations in R/3 takes place through the 311 movement.

Is there any way to trigger 311 movement in SAP R/3 using the STOs generated in APO? Also is there any way to make the 311 movement pending so that it takes place only when physical transfer is complete ?

Thanks and Best Regards

Mitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would need you to elaborate the situation a little more.

Based on my understanding, if there are storage locations in R/3, they need to come into APO as sublocations. If you want them to behave as seperate locations, you need to define MRP Areas in R/3 and get them through MRP Area integration model into APO. STOs between MRP areas at a location is definitely possible in APO and can be easily transferred to R/3.

It looks your intention is to do simple stock movements between storage locations in R/3. Can you elaborate on what drives these movements ? If they are some operational/execution level movements, one would hardly care about them in APO and continue to plan in APO at a plant level, which means a combination of storage locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the responses, I think creation of MRP area and CIFing them APO is the way forward.

The storage locations which we want to plan in APO represent

1. Unpackaged inventory

2. Inventory for exports

3. Inventory for domestic customers.

We want separate planning for exports and domestic and the packaging should be pull based. So if we have separate MRP areas for each of them, then it should solve our problem.

Just one clarification, what is the impact of creation of MRP areas in R/3 apart from the fact that we can plan separately for the products in thaf MRP area and STOs would also be feasible between the MRP areas.

Thanks and Regds

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mitesh,

You said "There are some locations in APO which exist as storage locations in R/3", i would like to ask you, weather you have manually created locations in APO??? (i guess Yes from your questions) so in that case the things hapening are correct.

if you want to map such kind of scenarios then go for the storage location MRP area and map what your requirement because in that case you can send your storage location in r/3 as location in APO.

since there is no transfer of the storage location in APO.

Friends correct me if wrong!!

Regards,

Pravin Mukkawar