cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting following error when creating PO ofr cost center.

No direct postings can be made to G/L acct. 50000000 in CoCode PIL

Message no. ME038

Diagnosis

The G/L account you entered is a control account. Transactions cannot be posted direct to a control account.

Procedure

Check your input.

Inform the individual or section responsible for G/L accounts in the relevant company code.

Can anybody let me know the solution

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

1. As you are creating PO for cost center i.e., consumption directly not for stock. Hope you have to put Acct assignment category in PO. If it is " K ", check the Acct grouping code in " K " ( maintain acct assignment category in IMG - MM - Purchasing - Acct assignment ), it will be VBR.The account modification key is the Key which has a different meaning depending on the procedure. It is used to differentiate account determination. The key's meaning is predefined in the SAP system and cannot be changed.

2. Then go to OBYC table i.e., configure automatic postings in Valuation and acct assignment, in that GBB is the Transaction key for the Offsetting entry for inventory posting ( consumption posting ), in that against VBR , for the valuation area and the valuation class, in turn the respective material , GL accts are defined ( FI people ).

3. If you simulate the inventory management in the same OBYC table, for the particular plant, material against movt type ( 201 ), you can see the GL accts in the acct assignment tab.

Hope the above said will clear your doubts.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode : FS00

Tab : Create/Bank/Interest

Action : Reomve the tick mark in the field : "Post Automatically only"

Rewarrd If useful.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a consumption account.This account only picks up thur automatic account determination in OBYC.

You should provide correct GL account for the cost center with direct posting enabled for that GL account in FS00 for your Cocode PIL.

I hope this will satisfy ur question.

Regards,

Manojkumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj

Please let me know what do you mean by direct posting enabled for that GL account.Please let me know the settings which are required.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The settings required for the relevant G/L a/c is:

Tcode : FS00

Tab : Create/Bank/Interest

Action : Reomve the tick mark in the field : "Post Automatically only"

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP_MM

This problem is due to wrong GL entry In Purchase order .

for this u can contact your FI consultant Other wise u can check OBYC settings related with your material and valuation class combination.

please check it and tell me the result.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am assuming that when you specify cost center in Purchase Order GL Account should be suggested by the system.

Do I have to do anything in this regards?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to enter mannualy GL account(Cost Element) in Purcahse Order before saving PO ( specifing Cost center in account assignment catagory).For your error check in T.Code: OBYC (do required account assignment) and FS00 (check G/L account).If not solved just check T.Code:OKB9 and assign.

If helpful then reward.

Regards,

Biju K