cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider question...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i created an info area 'Test InfoArea'. under this IA, i also created 2 ods objects which is populated with data from 2 text files.

i'm trying to creats a multiprovider which will be the target of these 2 ods objects. however these are the issues i'm encountering;

- with the 'Display All InforProviders' option ticked and the 'ODS Objects' tab selected - i scroll down the list but i can't find the the 2 ods objects i want to include in the multiprovider.

- with the 'Only Selected and InfoArea' option ticked, i click the dropdown list to select the IA i created. but even after when i select the 'ODS Objects' tab, i still can't find my 2 ods objects.

your advice would be highly appreciated.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Did u check the reporting availability setting for those ods's? IF not make that setting if wont maintain the seeting it will not be available to include them in the Multiprovider.

Thanks

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi khaja, you were right. i checked the 'bex reporting' setting option of the ods and they were both off. after selecting them and activating the ods objects, they were already included in the list of available ods.

however, after i built the multiprovider and built a query on it, i was getting query results which showed '#' or unassigned results. further reading showed that a MP is built on a union instead of a join.

i will be trying an infoset qeury this time.

thanks so much for your advise.

regards

jay

Answers (0)