cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create attributes in Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created the hierarchy in import manager and now i want to create attributes for taxonomy, as we know that when you create hierarchy and import it by mapping it to the categories field in destination you can view it in hierarchy as well as taxonomy mode.

The problem is dat i want to give attributes to the hierarchy ii have created. I went through the Imoprt Manager Reference Guide, but they stated that to cerate attributes your data source must be updatable.

Can any one please help me with this it is urgent.

Thanxs in Advance......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NGayake
Explorer
0 Kudos

Prasad,

To load hierarchy ( in Hierarchy field or Taxonomy Field), you need source like MS Access that can be modified by the import manager.

You do not need updatable source to load attributes. We were able to load attributes and attribute links using Excel file as input.

First you need to load table Categories[Attributes] with unique attributes across your taxonomy and then load table Categories[Links] to link the already imported attributes to various nodes in your hierarchy.

Hope this helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandkumar,

Thanks for your help but if we have a large data source and it doesnt has a attribute filed are we suppose to create a new field in the source and then mapp that field with the Categories (Attribute ) field in the destination,. or is there other way round.

The problem is dat we have a large data and creating attribute field will be cumbersome the reason is because every attribute value will be unique. We have a <b>short description field</b> and it contains the distinct feature of every record i.e,

Wipes 4-Ply Towels in Pop-Up Dispenser, 10"x16-1/2", 150 Towels............from this example i just want to use 10"x16-1/2 as attribute value, if this is possible how can we do it.

So if you can help with a short example it may do wonders for us

Thanks a lot for looking into this

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasad,

your source file should have the attributes , attributes link, attribute link values.

1. As you said you created heirarchy in import manger, and to create attributes if you have source attribute tables it is possible in import manager.

2. Otherwise you can create attributes in Data Manager and you can assign those attributes to heirarchy/Taxonomy.

hope this may help you.

Regards

srinivas