Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV / TEST Hardware Size Recommendation

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have completed migration of our SAP R/3 (4.7 SR 2) from HP PA-RISC hardware platform to HP Itanium hardware platform. We are using HP Superdome servers, which has ability to add / remove hardware on demand.

During this migration exercise we have sized our production servers, as per SAP’s recommendations and their sizing exercise. However, on development and test servers front, due to non-availability of answers of questions those are asked in sizing tools, we are not able to size these servers. Therefore, I am thinking of using basics recommendations of SAP for the same purpose. However, I did not find any document or note from SAP that is providing recommendations for DEV / TEST hardware size. In case f anybody aware about this type of document, please pass that to me. OR / AND pass-on your suggestions.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Nishchal Nagre.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostly used methodology for QA/DEV sizing is by taking a proportional SAPS from the production.

Consider your number of developers and testers...Generally 10 to 25% of total production SAPS can be taken. But still it depends on how big is your production instance.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

call HP and ask them, they usually supply that kind of information free of charge becasue you are using their hardware.