Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*.dat files getting generated in sapio directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Gurus,

I am facing very different problem.

In sapio directory every day a dat file of naming convention FL<yyyymmdd>.DAT is getting created. I checked all the batch jobs, but it looks like it doesn't belong to none of them. Also I cross checked the contents of the file which lokks like a back up outbound queue.(SMQ1). Is anybody faced such scenarios in CRM system? We are using CRM 4.0.

Can somebody throw some light to trace back from where these files are getting ceated, I mean the posiblities, please.

-B S B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BSB,

From what I understand those files are part of the middleware trace files that get generated as BDOC's are processed in your system(aka smw01). You can "reduce" the size of that content by using the program SMO6_REORG2 to reorganize this data.

You also should check the settings SMWTAD to make sure in your productive environment that your middleware trace is not setup at too detailed of a level.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

The problem looks like is with MW, what you have mentioned. I will check and confirm it. If it is so, is there any problem in deleting the file in production as you said it is a trace file.

Thanks a lot for your reply!!

Also Advanced thanks for your reply for this quaestion!!

-B S B.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BSB

I personally would not delete the file directly, but instead run the reorg program first with data retention set to one day. Once that is run, take a look at the size of the files and if they are "reasonable" in size, then leave them on the file system.

You then should schedule the reorg program to be run once daily and set the data retention to 7 days out. That should give an adquate level of trace analysis and prevent too much growth of the files on the OS level. You can also use ST03N to manage the performance files associated with the middleware.

You could probably delete the file directly as a last resort, however there should be no issue keeping those files out there, as long as the size stays manageable.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Good day!

I have one more doubt!!

Where does the setting for these FL<yyyymmdd>.DAT file has been made in CRM. Any idea do you have on this. i.e., how the file name is generated?

Hope I am not doing too much!!

Thanks in Adavance.

-B S B

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BSB,

I believe this is something controlled by the system that you can't change. It looks that the file name is the message activity for a particular given day.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Good day!

Thanks for helping me out!

Your suggestions worked.

Take care

-B S B

Answers (0)