Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Planned Order between 2 Plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following situation, can some one suggest a solution:

Background of scenario:

Company Code A has a Plant A (Planning Plant)

Company Code B has a Plant B (Manufacturing Plant)

I have a finished good FG which is manufactured in Plant B.

The BOM of FG has one raw material RM

The material FG has demand in both Plant A and B.

In plant A for this FG I use a special procurement key (production in Alt. Plant) so as the demand gets transferred to plant B.

The Scenario is :

I have the following demand for FG

Plant A --10

Plant B --10

Now when I run MRP in Plant A, the demand gets transferred to Plant B.

Now when I run MRP in Plant B, I have planned orders created for FG and RM. The planned order for RM is created in Plant B only. I need this planned order to be splitted between Plant A and Plant B based on the respective demand of FG.

I cannot put the special procurement key of Withdrwal from Alt. Plant for RM in plant B because the Plant B needs to do procurement for its share of FG demand and the same to be consumed.

Please free to ask if you have any more questions.

Looking for some help!.

Thanks,

Amith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using quota arrangement.

Choose the Lot size as 'ES'.Then in mrp 2 view use the quota arrangement key as 4.

Then in t.code meq1 maintain quota arrangement. Enter the validity date & the minimum quantity for splitting.Eg.100.Then double click this line,in the next screen enter the plant(in PPL column) & the quota as 50% & in the second line enter second plant & quota as 50%.(procurement type E,spl procurement P(other plant))

Try this & give feedback.

Regards,

Senthilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I cannot use Quota Arrangement becuase the split is based on my demand and my demand is updated monthly. Do you have any other solution.

Thanks,

Amith

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check & tell you.

Regards,

Senthilkumar