Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport problems while transporting query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am facing a problem.

Initially i transported a query to Prod from Dev.

The query was working perfect.

Afterwards my user suggested lots of changes which includes Changing dozens of variables so that they can filter out properly in query result.

I did all the changes and now transported query sucessfully to Prod without any errors.

Bt in prod. the query is not taking the new definition.

Its getting transported sucesfully but still its not picking new defined variables.

But those new variables are present in Production though.

Can i change the query and also do all required changes in Production.

Can i make changes in production or not ??????

If i try to restrict various Characterisitccs, i am able to find new variables , but the query is not picking those definitions....

Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

Some times, even if all variables are exisiting, it will create problems.

I suggest to delete the transports from STMS and reimport again with overwrite original option, Hope this work around will solve the problem

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not suggested to delete Query in production.Do not ever do it until you are sure you will not have any issues.i your is being used in nay workbooks,then work book behaves totally strange.even after transporting same Query with same tech name.(but ID will be different).

You have to colelct all the Object in Transportation (collection mode: manula collection). make sure all the Objects are not locked by any other request.if so,unlick the obejcts using SE03 until you release new request.

Drag and drop Query to righthand side in transport connection.then click 'gather dependent Objects' .Then expand Query> right click on 'Query Element'>Transport all below. do not select underlying dataTargets. and check againest top node of Query.->Transport.Provide transport request and release it in se09.

lock the objects from other Trs if they are unlocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kartikey,

Any changes made to the already Transported Queries are to be handled using a BEX Request. The BEX request collects all the changes you make on development side to all transported queries.

In one go you can release the Request to production and query changes done on the Development side are reflected in Production system.

Always remember to create a new BEX Request as soon as you transport the existing BEX request into Production.

A BEX request can be created in the Transport Connection Tab in RSA1. There is a Button with "Truck Picture" and BEX written on it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh Panse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartikey,

Please delete your query from Production using the Transaction RSZDELETE. Then again transport your query with all the variables, calculated & restricted key figures from devlopment system.

We have also faced similar problem where our new query defination,alll variables & figures were available but still the changes was not visible so we did the same and it has worked for us.

Hope this helps to you.