cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I executed DB-Oracle-check via DB13 and received the following warning.

(I have SOLMAN 4.0 on Unix Solaris sparc 5.10)

<b>Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_TABLESPACE, object: PSAPSR3, value: (max_extn of 10 files on disk 7733416) 82063360 KB (> 20523796 KB)</b>

<b>Should I give more free space under /oracle/<SID>/sapdata<number> ?</b>

I have mounted /oracle/<SID> on e.g. /export/SOLMAN.

The comand >df -h /oracle/<SID> retrieves

capacity: 86%

Size: 134G, available: 20 G

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thom,

may I ask you, if you have an access to the SAP Service marketplace? If yes, I would search at first in SAP Notes (sometimes in Oracle Metalink) and then in SDN Forum. If you still don't have any solution for your problem, then you can open a thread here. If I were you, I would do like that.

see please the SAP Note: 849484

and this SDN thread:

Best regards

Baran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thom,

The Error CRITICAL_TABLESPACE means you have a lot of tablespaces on that hard disk drive with th parameter auto extend enabled and you mightb e running out of space on that drive.

Heres a link for what you can do

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4d/a241ecee0d11d5996600508b5d5211/frameset.htm

As explained there,

CRITICAL_TABLESPACE, :

Enhances the CRITICAL_FILE check (see above) if there are several autoextend files of a tablespace on the same disk (that is, logical volume) by checking whether there is sufficient free space on the hard disk to extend these files to the maximum size (max_extn).

The OBJECT field is not specified for this condition. This condition does not have test operands, threshold values, or value units.

My suggestion would be to move this tablespace to a larger volume, increase the size of the voulme (add a bigger disk)

Hope this helps

Regards

Shantanu