cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Organization - Big Departmental Customer - Multiple Stores -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to set up a Customer with multiple stores. The Warehouse management software needs information about the stores from a store master ( called store distro) Any suggestions about how this is done in SAP B1? Is there an Add-on specifically for wholesale distribution in SAP B1? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales persons always say SBO can implementation well in distribution company.

The front end is usually better using addon and I suggest web based. There are e-commerce in SAP B1 (I still learn about it), or addon in SBO. try to consider swisslog.

The overview :

www.swisslog.com

two system : SBO and Swisslog Whs One

tightly coupled by : one talk addon on

communication : telegram and no direct database access

I have the file about it but it is not uptodate. I suggest to browse its website.

Rgds,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay,

SAP Business One works very well for Wholesale distribution. The System setup would depend on the requirement of your Customer.

Option 1: You can setup one Customer and setup mutiple Shipto Addresses for the different stores

Options 2: If you want to process Invoices to the different stores and get Paid from the HeadOffice. You can setup each Store as a Customer and set the HeadOffice as a Consolidated BP. This can be done by going to the Accounting Tab of the BP Account for the Stores and enter the HeadOffice BP Code as the Consolidated BP..

Please let me know if you need further direction

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suda, Option 1 you suggested was the one I had considered, but there is a further complication. The structure is as follows One Customer to multiple DCs and from the DC eventually to the Store. A store might receive from multiple DCs and the third party WMS requires a lot of field level details which I am not certain SAP B1 provides.

Thanks for the useful suggestions