cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is internet connection mandatory for working with SAP-IDES?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have installed SAP-IDES. It works fine when my laptop connect to internet. But when I disconnected from internet dispather stops and IDES does not works.

Is there anyway to start IDES without internet connection?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear all,

Thanks for your responds. I want to explain the issue more clearly. I have installed SAP-IDES on my laptop. And When I try to connect IDES from my laptop, system force me to be connected to internet. I have tried to start IDES several times but everytime it gives error.Especially Dispatcher stops and never starts again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case can you please tell me, was it a local installation OR a Domain installation.

Apart from that can you please tell me do you mean that you access the SAP System via Internet browser , and their you get the initmation to connect to internet.

In that case please maintain the proxy settting and check yout host file entry.

And try to work again.

At the most, you may also check the IP at standalone mode and when your Laptop is connected to LAN/internet.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Premkishan,

Thanks for your respond. Can you explain more about proxy settings and host file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the Internel options, go to Connections --> LAN Settings -> Advanced.

In the exceptions field, enter the hostname, intranet sites and your domain*.

Incase of the host file, please make an entry of the IP addressa and the FQDN of the server.

Regards,

Prem

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

ts not mandatory.

shailesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feyyaz..

Check, that you have the loopback adapter in place

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you are running the SAP GUI on our laptop and connecting to your SAP IDES Server via LAN Connection.

In this is the case, then you will require the LAN to be connected, so that you System can connect to the SAP Server and reach it. But you DO NOT require the Internet connection for this purpose!

I hope this helps you.

Kindly update the thread status!

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cinar,

Check with your etc/host file , have you configured any TCP/IP befofe the installation? try to check what's the IP shoing before connecting and after connecting Inter net by cmd>ipconfig /all

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Feyyaz,

Its not mandatory.

If you want to logon to NW with J2EE engine running and want to logon to NW system from Web you need to have internet connections if users are not on the LAN.

Regards

Vivek