cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending mail to different users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

I have an issue on send mail to different users, at the end of all approvals in need to send mail to <b>initiator, his manager, and his HR person</b>. how can i collect all these users in one send mail step. is it possible to meke like this. or for each person different sendmail step is required? please guide me this issue.

Regards,

PS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

You can create a multiline container element of type silme to WF-BATCH at workflow container and then populate it as mentioned below:

Before send mail step, you can have a background step which will have code to determine the Manager and HR person for WF initiator.

You collect all these determined values in internal table and bind it back to multiline container element availale at workflow container.

Now you can use this populated multiline contaier to send mail to all the entries inside the multiline element.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

" code to determaine the Manager & HR person" What do mean i did not understand.

please explain with some example,

first time using this, no idea on this and no experience.

Regards,

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use amethod that uses Function Module SWX_GET_Manager to retrieve the User Id of Manager maintained for a user id. The method will import the users id for which Manager is to be determined and will export user Id of Reporte Manager and higher Manager concatenated with US in the front. This value that is exported in the Task should be a multiliner element of type WFSYST-AGENT. You should use this method inside a task just before the send mail step. The parameters that are being returned(Multiliner element) should be used in the agent assignbment in Send mail task. The agent assignment type should be expression.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to send all manager and higher manager,

you are not understanding my question,

I want to send at a time to exact three persons,

1. Initiator,

2. Initiator's Manager (one person)

3. HR person (one person)

how we will collect three persons in one step send mail to their SAP Inbox.

Regards,

PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

]

My earlier reply mentions talks about solution which is equired by you.

In your workflow template use a multiline container element and use it iin send mail step once it is populated by your background step.

YOu will have to extend the Business object which you are using to add a CUSTOM method.

Background step in workflow will use this CUSTOM method to determine agents in similar way as SWX_GET_MANAGER.

Rest all things have been mentioned in my prevoius reply.

Hope this is clear now.

Regards,

Akshay

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

For more and more understanding about Container Operations please look at these links

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/ContainerOperation/CO.htm

and

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/WorkflowTutorial2/WorkflowTutorial1.htm

Only you need to take the option as multiline and in the same way you can call three users and collect all the users in containers and send to all three users

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create one multiline element of same type as for example the WF-initiator is (the user name is in format, in which you have 'US' before the actual user ID).

Then create three container operations in to your flow:

1. move WF-inititiator to the new element

2. move manager to the new element

3. move HR user to the new element

Then create a mail sending step, and bind this new element to the mail sending task's address element.

And actually you don't necessarily need to create separate container operations for all the above-mentioned cases. You can most probably bind the user id, for example the approver, directly from the approval task to the new element. But this requires that these steps are executed before the mail sending step.

Message was edited by:

Karri Kemppi