Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW Experts

I am first time trying to Personalize Bex in SPRO

Can someone please provide me complete Steps(one by one) in simple format so that i can use it and any precaution i should take

First i want to activate in BWD then in BWP

Thanks for your

It is urgent

My Mail ID : anitha44bw@yahoo.com

Regards

Anitha .A.

Points will be rewarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRONetweaver>Business Intelligence->Settings for Reporting and Analysis->General Settings for Reporting and Analysis. In General Settings for Reporting and Analysis you must select the icon clock of Activate Personalization in BEx. A this point you should be on new transaction window with this title: Activating Personalization in BEx (Inactive are Highlighted). So, select the tree check box that are present ( Activate Personalization in BEx, Variable personalization and Web report person.) and at last select the clock icon

For activate history and favorites, you must frist activate from business content these Datastore object:0PERS_BOD (Personalization Data for the BEx Open Dialog), 0PERS_VAR (Personalization Data for the Replacement of Variables) and (0PERS_WTE Personalization Data for Web Template Drilldowns).

You have to activate it in production system as well and in production system ensure that the system is set to Changeable by the system administrator. This is important because objects are generated in personalization .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/01/42c73c13b0ce5be10000000a114084/content.htm

However ; you can also run transaction code - <b>RS_PERS_ACTIVATE</b> in QA or PROD to activate Personalization

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Habeeb / Chetan

Thanks , if i activate the 3 check box in SPRO and in BI Content if i activate 3 ODS(0PERS_VAR, 0PERS_BOD,0PERS_WTE) is the Bex activation completed in full ?

I know how to Personalize Variables

Because sap document talks about

1)By the administrator loading files or using generic DataSources (see Customizing Extractors which you can access from the SAP Easy Access Menu by choosing Administration ® Data Warehousing Workbench: Administration ® Source Systems ® SAP Source System Context Menu ® Customizing Extractors).

2) By using the supplied DataSources within BI Content (see the documentation, for example, from the Financials area of BI Content: BI Content ® Financials ® Web Cockpits in Financials ® Queries ® Personalization of Characteristic Values in BI (Web Cockpit)).

and

The the f1 help shows these points in SPRO for activation of bex

1)BEx history, so that the last report you executed is saved.

2)Variables, so that certain variables selected by you are proposed.

3)Web applications, so that report drilldowns are saved.

ex: where to check "BEx history, so that the last report you executed is saved" ?

Thanks in advance for help

Regards

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan

Thanks a lot

Regards

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,