Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get data from Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one tell me is there really any way to fetch data from MSACCESS Database in SAP is there???????????????????????????????????????????????

I have been searching for it for so long??????????

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi usman,

i think there is no ways to upload data directly from MS Access.

an easy way is to store the details from access as ".txt" format .

that you can easily upload using a report program...

In ABAP, write a program using Function Module 'GUI_UPLOAD'. Using this Function Module you can upload the data into an Internal Table.

Please take care, while declaring the structure in the program.

once again in simple steps

1. Save the MS Access data as a tab delimited file.

2. In the Program call the function Ws_upload.

this is the function to upload the file to the application server.

3. Specify the internal table that is to hold the data of the uploaded file in the importing parameters.

Also specify the file type as dat.

4. Next, loop through the internal table, to insert data into the SAP tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never tried it but in theory you might be able to used ODBC to get the info - I searched Google for "ABAP" and "ODBC" and found some sample code called "ZRA_ODBC". If you are on a recent version of SAP, you might investigate ADBC too, but I don't know if it will talk to Access or only more industrial scale databases.

Jonathan

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur kind reply Jhon,

The problem is atleast solved with ADOB, if u provide me ur email then i can mail u my code so that u can get it.

I have one more question for u if MSACCESS is directly accessed then why portals????

Waiting for ur kind reply.

Usman Malik

SAP Technical Consultant

usman.malik.sap@gmail.com