cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAF when DB exist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use CAF to develop application when Database already exist?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CAF is the composite framework layer for SAP Netweaver based composite applications. As signified by the name composite applications are not stand-alone, monolithic applications but applications built on composing existing applications. So you can have one or more applications with their own database and business logic which are exposed as services. These services can be consumed in CAF to create a new composite application. CAF DB can be used if local persistancy is required at the CAF layer.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, considering composite application or SOA. The skills come to two kinds, Business logic Tier/Web Service enable :BAPI/J2EE/CAF; UI/Web Service consume: Web Dynpro, Visual Composer and GP.

I means CAF is a Java tech in the dev studio/ CE, not a concept.

Or we talk about applications based on application which can expose as Web Service. GP is more likely this way.But now I talk about how to develop application based on Database.

Some guys say that CAF=EJB+web service. I think it makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shen,

I think CAF is indeed EJB (business objects) and webservices, but in addition to that it also provides an easy way to access other extrenal services (RFC / webservices). So I think it is more an integration tool to easily compose services and be able to add some business logic to the new composed service.

When creating a business object you cannot connect to an exisitng database, because CAF needs e.g. a generated guid to store in the tables.

Cheers,

Peter