cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could it possible to change the Number Range object to Alphanumeric and...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In SNRO,

Could it possible to change the Number Range object to support Alphanumeric and...

More importantly!!

How to make it to be increased in below sequence...

-

Start value: 00001

End value: ZZZZZ

-

it should be increased like :

A0001

A0002

A9999

B0001

B9999

C0001

Z9999

ZZZZZ

-

Totally it should have 60466176 numbers.

How to??

Thank you very much!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to have number range 0001 -- ZZZZ directly using SNRO.

This can be done only through coding, which might not be useful in your case.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know which number range would you like to change & i wil tell you accordingly. I am saying so because there are different rules in SAP for different number ranges to have alphanumeric or only numeric numbers. For example, Invoice numbers cannot be alphanumeric whereas customer and vendor masters can be. If you can specify exactly which one you are talking about, may be i can be of some help...

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Thanks.

I want to change object HU_VEKP(Handling Unit number range) in SNRO.

If in internal number, it could be only possible be numeric..

If set external number, it could be Alphanumeric, but i couldnt see the 'Current Number', then how i could know which number is the latest one is using?

This is my questions.

Just want to know how to achieve below:

1)Number range object is in Alphanumeric from 00001 to ZZZZZ.

2)Could see the 'Current number'

Could this possible??

Because the sap standard number range is almost exhausted and we only have above choice to resolve..But dont know how to...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hoo Laa,

Sorry but SAP is not designed to store the last used number in case of External number ranges. The whole concept of external number range is that the number is generated and controlled in an outside system and SAP is just taking those numbers. You could use the alphanumeric external numbers into SAP for handling units but you won't be able to see the last number used in number range maintenance. The number control have to be maintained somewhere outside the system. The other options are:

1) Find the last number from the transaction tables of delivery document. or

2) Find any user exit which you can use to check the last number in the transaction tables and then only allow the next number to be allotted for the HU in the delivery.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma