cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between two dynpro components views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I hope it´s not to late for this thread.

I´m using different components with different views.

I know how to navigate from any view from Comp A to the DEFAULT view of Comp B an I know how to navigate von any view in Comp B to ANY view in Comp A.

But how to navigate from Comp A to different view in Comp B?

Uwe

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

As far as I know, when you fire a plug from one component to another, only the default view of the second component can be opened. To open another view, may be you can try some workaround, like firing another plug from the default view.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody,

unfortunatly, that´s what I have expected.

I think, I have to change my design ....

Bye

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank´s for your replies, but i´ve tried this before.

Every time i am using an embedded ViewB in CompA AND an embedded ViewA in CompB i get something like this:

Component CompB: Cycle in component usage definitions: ViewB ViewA.wdcomponent

Any idea to prevent it?

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the InterfaceViewB create a outbound plug say BackToA. Do the navigation linking between Inbound plug of ViewA OutBoundPlug of InterfaceViewB(Which you have just created) and Now include the InterfaceViewControllerB in the properties "required controllers" of your ViewB.

Now in the event on which you want to go back to ViewA write this code

wdThis.wdGetInterfaceViewControllerB().wdFireBackToA();

Regards,

Jaydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JayDeep,

that´s excactly what i´ve did to go back.

My problem is to fire a plug of ViewB from an action in ViewA! The same way do not work because of the Cycle Error.

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jaydeep said

fire plug from

View A---> InterfaceView B

and back to

InterfaceView B--->View A(not InterfaceView A).

This is the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i´m sorry but thats not the solution for my problem.

As i have written before i can fire a plug from ViewA to InterfaceView B but, InterfaceViewB allways opens the default view B. Maybe it is not possible to go to a different view of component B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Interface view will open the default view that you have specified in that particular component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is my problem:

ComponentA, WindowA, ViewA (PlugToB, PlugFromB)

ComponentB, WindowB,ViewB, InterfaceViewB

ComponentA uses ComponentB and InterfaceViewControllerB, WindowA has the embedded InterfaceViewB (PlugFromA, PlugToA).

To go back from ViewB i use an action in ViewB with something like: (wdThis.wdGetInterfaceViewCntrollerB.wdFirePlugToA).

Through the InterfaceViewB i only get the default View in WindowB.

Any idea to fire form ViewA to ViewB?

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Embed the interface view of A inside B..And do the same !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

You are able to go From ViewA (CompA) to ViewB(CompB) becouse u have embedded interface View Controller abd Component of Component B inside. Now Do the same thing for CompA inside CompB.

Then in data modular diagram of compB, embed interface view of ViewA and create navigation link with ViewB. Write a action in ViewB and Use this Fire plug.

This will do the job.

for any other clarification, ask

Rgds,

Vilish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Uwe

u can navigate from one view to another through the interface views. for every window u create a view interface is created. and u navigate to the default view of that window through view interface. now according to ur requirement what u can do is, for example:

there are 2 views and according to some condition u have to go to a view in another component. make 2 windows and embed the views in it and choose the default view for those windows.(say for window1 view1 is default and for window2 view2 is default). now u may be able to get 2 view interfaces for each window. now fire the exit plug to navigate to the desired view.

hope this might help u.

Regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Uwe,

Your Question is confusing.

You know "how to navigate von any view in Comp B to ANY view in Comp A.

"

Then what ur problem is ?

Also start a new thread so that other can get the reward points

Rgds,

Vilish