cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with EDI document sent out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where, an R/3 System sends an Invoice Idoc to XI.

In XI it is mapped to a standard EDI xml structure corresponding to EDI document 810. This EDI xml is sent through a Seeburger AS2 adapter(Which converts the XML to EDI) and sends it out to a customer.

The issue is that there is one element in a segment which is being populated as a number in the mapping. But when the actual messages goes out to the customer, it is shown as 0.

When I do a single test within the IR using the same payload, i see the number.

But when the actual document is sent out , a zero is coming.

Can someone help me??

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you please tell me that which segment of the EDI 810 INVOCE has to populated with the number.

also please tell me the sceanario.

Thanks

sudhir sharma

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sudhir,

Thanks for the intent to help me.

The segment is SE, the element is SE01.

SE01 is to be mapped to a calculation.

For testing purpose, I have mapped a constant. It is also going as 0.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it shows "0" in outbound payload as well? or its showing "0" in idoc segment field?

Nilesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is showing as in the outbound payload only.

I am mapping a constant 1 to that element.

When i do a test within IR, I see 1 in SE01 element, but when i send the original document out, the customer sees it as 0.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you mean to say when you run with actual document, payload of this document in sxmb_moni come with "0" eventhoug "1" is assign..( I m talking about real time scenario)..

Nilesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It does.

But it SXMB_MONI doesn't show the actual EDI file that goes out of our system.

It shows the XML format of the EDI file.

The AS2 adapter converts the XML file into an EDI file using a seeburger standard Java mapping.

Is there a way that we can test the X2E(xml to edi) mapping?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Is there a way that we can test the X2E(xml to edi) mapping?

yes,in BIC Mapping Designer.BIC MD doc says it clearly.just follow that.

you can test while creating the X2E maps there.

but I think you need to have exact xml structure of source data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change your logging/tarcing level parameters in sxmb_adm to "3" so that we will can seet output at all stages...at least we can see if there is a problem in message mapping or adapter...or so..

Nilesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to use a File adapter instead of an AS2 adapter, with the same Java mapping modules in the modules tab of the adapter configuration.

But I am getting an error in RWB messages at adapter level, saying that you cannot use a file adapter .Have you ever come across such an issue?

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am wondering why are you using Java Mapping Modules?Seeburger provides standard mapping for INVOIC to 810 and you can call that in the module tab of AS2 adapter right?

>>I have tried to use a File adapter instead of an AS2 adapter, with the same Java mapping modules in the modules tab of the adapter configuration.

do these Java Module deployed on J2EE engine using SDM?,if so it should support.I don't know why you are getting the error. and are you calling the SAP adapter at the last?I mean modules should be called first and then the SAP adapter at the last.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Yes, we are calling the standard seeburger mapping NV_X2E_ANSIX12_856_V4030.

This is the Processing sequence I used for the modules in file adapter.

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean bic

localejbs/ModuleProcessorExitBean exit

The Module Configuration is

bic destSourceMsg MainDocument

bic destTargetMsg MainDocument

bic mappingName NV_X2E_ANSIX12_856_V4030

exit JNDIName deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2

Let me know if I am doing something wrong in here??

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

you said INVOIC ,then EDI is 810,why you are using 856 here?

do you thing mapping name can be

bic mappingName NV_X2E_ANSIX12_810_V4030 or is this typo?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Babu,

I have this issue with both 810 and 856..

I know this is the correct map. BUt Can you help me use this map in the module in a file adapter?

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.

AFAIK,Seeburger modules are supported in plain SAP XI adapters,but I don't know why you are getting the error like"you cannot use module in file adapter"

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

This is the error that I get when i tried to use those modules in File adapter:

"Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Fatal exception: com.sap.aii.af.ra.cci.XIDeliveryException: failed to lookup CPA cache: Channel object configured for adaptertype File|http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, instead of AS2|http://seeburger.com/xi., failed to lookup CPA cache: Channel object configured for adaptertype File|http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, instead of AS2|http://seeburger.com/xi.: javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: com.sap.aii.af.ra.cci.XIDeliveryException: failed to lookup CPA cache: Channel object configured for adaptertype File|http://sap.com/xi/XI/System, inste".

Thanks for your interest and time.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I am not pretty sure about the error.

I hope you are not using

1.<b>exit JNDIName deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2</b> in the module tab of <b>File adapter</b>.

you may try Cache refresh.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid I am using exit JNDIName deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2 in file adapter...!!!!

What should I use for File adapter??

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to use just File adapter you don't need AS2 module,but need other modules you mentione above.and the SAP adapter will be there automatically when you configure File adapter,but make sure SAP adapter is the last in the sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I dont think you can used standard developed for AS2 Adapter you can used directly in File Adapter...because import / export parameter would be different and its obvious it will raise an exception..

Standard module used in File adapter is :

localejbs/CallSapAdapter with type Local Enterprise bean and No module Key.

I think this is good idea to usesd File adapter to check output...but did you change Trace level to "3"..you can see input/ouput payload at every pipeline step.

Nilesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

increasing the trace level to 3 is not showing up the final EDI file in moni.

It only shows the xml file which is just before the adapter step.

I am able to get the file output using the suggestions by you both now.

It looks like there is a bug in the mapping itself (NV_X2E_ANSIX12_856_V4030).

Is there any way, we can edit this mapping in BIC mapping designer?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. I dont think you can edit standard seeburger mapping (NV_X2E_ANSIX12_856_V4030)...

I have a strong doubt that this field is expecting "Number" or "Integer". Can u please check whether you are passing field with type integer( Not String / Char)..

Nilesh

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am passing a constant 1. to the field.

Does that treat constant 1 as a character?

anyhow, i have also tried assigning with adding two numbers using the math function add(Whose output I believe is numeric only)...

REgards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

>>Nope. I dont think you can edit standard seeburger mapping (NV_X2E_ANSIX12_856_V4030)...

yes,you can edit standard mapping in BIC MD

but in general it is not required to edit standard mappings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I think it is not supporting the encoding formats.

so,you may want to try setting the BIC parameters 'destEncoding' and 'srcEncoding',you can refer BIC config guide for this.

Answers (0)