cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classloader not finding custom actions in custom package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ISA Build Tool to create a b2b.ear file and i am deploying it with the SAP Software Delivery Manager. As per the Development and Extension Guide SAP Internet Sales I decided to use a custom package com.xyz123.isa.action to hold my Z_CustomBasketRefreshAction class.

Our initial changes to the b2b went well and we deployed the .ear via SDM and viewed our modifications.

But since trying to incorporate java classes from a custom package, we get an exception at runtime:

java.lang.classNotFoundException: com.xyz123.isa.action.Z_CustomBasketRefreshAction

Our class is sitting in an xyz123.jar file inside WEB-INF/lib - that should be right shouldnt it?

Is there any issues or configuration that is necessary when using custom packages and the ISA Build Tool, with SDM to deploy it?

regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI,

this was due to building the .ear with a more recent version of the JDK. JDK 1.4 with ISA Build Tool will build a standard .ear that runs fine.

But if you want to use a custom action in a custom package on SAP J2EE 6.20, you definitely need to swap back to JDK 1.3.1 for the class to load.

regards,

Michael.