cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API SyndicationEvent not received

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Java class that extends AbstractRepositoryListener and implements the EventDispatcher. I am running the class in a Windows command window with its own JVM, all works well until I run two Listeners in two separate JVMs. I was expecting SyndicationEvents to be sent to both listeners but NO, only the first listener receives any SyndicationEvents. Has anyone had this problem before? If so what did you do about it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind. The EventDispatcher creates it's own connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you obtain the connections, using ConnectionPoolFactory.getInstance? This method takes a second parameter called the connection source. The connection source is use to logically group a set of connections.

The MDM server only send out one notification per connection source. For example, two JVMs, each having it's own connection pool but sharing the same connection source name, only one of the connection pool will get the notification. Which connection pool is indeterministic.

The solution is to give a different connection source name for each of the connection pool.